That was when it all started for me – the blogging and I screamed “Hello World” – only ONE person heard me. *smile
And what a year it has been … learned so much – got in contact with so many fantastic people from all corners of our global. Some of you have been there all along, some has come and gone … and returning – some has left me. Just like in real life.
So what have I learned from this year:
• I have learned that I’m a lot more than only recipes, pots, pans and travel. My blog was suppose to me only about food and travel – but I would have been bored to death and you too.
• I have learned that there is so much happiness, grief, hobbies, pain, interests, laughter, love, sorrow, friendship, illness, food, travel, madness, beliefs and faith, beauty, poetry, worries, photos, fashion, injustice, art, talent, support, novels, hurt and joy out there to be shared.
• I have taught to master my Swenglish a lot better, even if it doesn’t happen daily – mostly because my fingers are working quicker than my brain.
• I have learned that awards are wonderful and inspiring to get – but so hard work to pass on – and I don’t like hard work anymore. *smile Hope you can forgive me. Promise I will try to be a lot better this year coming.
• I have learned that my less perfect photos are pretty good – won a photo challenge with one of my rejected photos. Also in the 3rd rpc award – of course I would love to have your vote; THANKS FOR THE ROSES
• I have learned that I don’t have the best laid plan when it’s about blogging, because I’m all over the place and not sticking to one theme. I love the way it’s!
• I have learned that I’m not after 150 likes per day – if nobody commenting??!!!! I want people to “talk” to me. They don’t have to talk to me every time I post, but a couple of times per week … because response is one of the most important ingredients in our life.
• I have learned that I can get away with using copyrighted photos – because I state the on the images the website where I found it, when I post. Have been caught out, 2 images (my posts about Ystad and Öland) from the same photographer – thank you so much: Thomas Juhlin at thojuh.se – one amazing Swedish photographer.
• I have learned that we can like posts without reading them from “Readers” – just wonder why we do that … because we want to be polite or because we think the have too ????
• I have learned that political or social matters don’t really interest us – we know they excite – but we don’t really want to read about them or comment on them.
• I have learned so much about my little powerful camera – that I only have used during holidays, had it for 5 years – never read the manual … that now is always with me where ever I go .. even to hospitals and supermarkets, because through my camera I look at the world differently .. I will always find some beauty to catch.
My photo blogging didn’t start until March last year – so I will do a review of that when we come to March.
• I have learned that I want to keep my trademark for my posts, my cloud of music, all to myself … don’t want to share how to do it. So please don’t ask me! And thanks for telling me when they don’t work.
• I have learned so much about Sweden, my home country, especially after the “A-Z challenge” last April, were I decided to bring out Sweden to the rest of the world. Will do it again this year – it’s a massive task really for me, because I have to do deep research and put it together in my own words. I have to look for images to go with the post and this year I also will add Swedish music (or somehow connected to Sweden) – that means a lot of ABBA – but we all love ABBA – don’t we????!!!
• I have learned that it’s okay to have a blog free day – when nothing is posted, read or commented – and all notifications will go to the bin – Sunday is my day. But I have decided that today is MY day – and I will only sit here … waiting to be courted – I will not visit or comment today neither.
My year has been filled with so much – also stats and here is some.
Visiting countries; 162
Best day: 20/7-2012
Average views per day: 160
So thanks a million to ALL of YOU for being here – for visiting, for reading, for liking, for not liking, for commenting, for cheering me on, for “loving me”, for the deep friendship, for leaving me, for coming back to me, for liking Sven, Lena, Bertil, Gustaf and Anna, for not being angry over my bold and straight commenting, for understanding my Swenglish, for smiling to my jokes, for letting me cry over lost friends, for letting me worry over my demons, for letting me laugh and for I’m allowed to be myself.
My world here would it be anything without you, guys … it would be very lonely and dull.
The most popular track and most sold in the world, the week I started my blog was – David Guetta’s “Turn Me On” – at least that’s what google tells me. A very suitable title, because that is when I turned on WordPress.
Also a big thanks to WordPress – that have made all this possible.
And my last “Thank You” goes to my friend, Barbara in Belfast – that was the pushing force behind me starting a blog. Barbara if it hadn’t been for you … I wouldn’t have been here, the most exciting place in cyber space, where everything can happen and have happened.
“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Photos provided by and thanks to: