“You can be in love and you can be in a relationship.
But they’re not always the same thing.”
To be in love you bounce between exhilaration, euphoria, increased energy, sleeplessness, loss of appetite, trembling, a racing heart and accelerated breathing, as well as anxiety, panic and feelings of despair when your relationship suffers even the smallest setback. These mood swings parallel the behavior of drug addicts. (text: livescience.com) – couldn’t have described it better myself.
Marriage has never been on my bucket list!
I have been engaged twice with very different wonderful men. Before, in between and after have I had passions. Most of them very good, a couple was magical – but also less good. But I wouldn’t like to be without any of them. Because they have together made me to the woman I’m today.
I love being in love, but today I’m in a great relationship with myself and my friends … I have a great life.
“So long I have You”
- Swedish pop duo Ratata (Mauro Scocco and Johan Ekelund) invited in 1987 ABBA Frida to join them on the song “Så länge vi har varann”.
- It spent 21 weeks in the top ten of the Svensktoppen chart, reaching the highest position of number two on 7 June 1987.
- An English version, “As Long as I Have You”, was also released.
- This song is all about the lyrics, written by Mauro Scocco. I can truly relate to them and I wish I had lived by the words in some of my relationships. Very simple words, but instructive.
“I know, I’ve not been easy to live with
I guess that I can say the same about you
but I’ve been around just long enough to learn
that nothing in this life’s for free
so remember when you’re down and out baby
you can still count on me”
“When You Tell Me That You Love Me”
Albert Hammond /John Bettis
- “When You Tell Me That You Love Me” is a 1991 song, written by Albert Hammond and John Bettis, and released as a single by American soul singer Diana Ross.
- It missed the UK Christmas number one spot for 1991 by a couple of hundred units, beaten out by the re-release of Queen’s “Bohemian Rhapsody” commemorating the passing of lead singer, Freddie Mercury. The single was awarded a Silver Disc for UK sales exceeding 200,000 copies.
- Julio Iglesias & Dolly Parton released their version in 1994. Producer and arranged by David Foster.
- This is my favorite version …. even if Westlife and Diana Ross have done a very good one too.
“I wanna feel this way
Longer than time
I wanna know your dreams
And make them mine
I wanna change the world
Only for you
All the impossible
I wanna do
I wanna hold you close under the rain
I wanna kiss your smile
And feel your pain
I know what’s beautiful
Looking at you
Here in a world of lies
You are the true”
“Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood”
Bennie Benjamin / Horace Ott / Sol Marcus
- “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” is a song written by Bennie Benjamin, Horace Ott and Sol Marcus for the singer and pianist Nina Simone, who first recorded it in 1964.
- Composer and arranger Horace Ott came up with the melody and chorus lyric line after a temporary falling out with his girlfriend (and wife-to-be), Gloria Caldwell.
- Decades later, a commercial for Christian Dior’s perfume J’Adore, starring Charlize Theron, featured Simone’s version of the song, as did the final scene of the 2009 Polish film drama “Rewers”. In 2010, Simone’s version was used for the end credits of the first-season finale episode of BBC’s crime drama “Luther”; in 2011.
- Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” has been covered by many artists, most notably by The Animals, whose blues-rock version of the song became a transatlantic hit in 1965.
- Santa Esmeralda is a U.S./French disco group formed in the 1970s; got a hit with disco remakes of the 1960s hits “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood”.
- The group re-entered the popular consciousness in 2003 when “Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood” appeared on the soundtrack to the first volume of Quentin Tarantino’s “Kill Bill”.
“You know sometimes, baby I’m so carefree
Oh, with a joy that’s hard to hide
And then sometimes again it seems that all I have is worry
And then you’re bound to see my other side
But I’m just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don’t let me be misunderstood”