“Let your tears come.
Let them water your soul.”
There is nothing so liberating as a good cry!!!! Most times I do it the shower. Just cry and a let all the “shit” out. Moments like that … is priceless!!! Great moments of self-pity.
- “I Look to You” is Whitney Houston’s seventh and final studio album. It was first released on August 28, 2009.
- It received favourable reviews from music critics, based on an aggregate score of 66/100 from Metacritic and debuted on the US Billboard 200 at number one with sales of 305,000 and is to date Whitney’s best opening week sales as well as the second-best opening sales by a female artist for 2009.
- “I Look to You” has gone on to sell over 2.5 million copies worldwide, earning platinum certification in seven countries and gold certification in eight.
- When Oprah Winfrey asked Houston to whom this song is addressed to during a televised conversation, Whitney replied: “Somebody bigger than you and I.”
- R. Kelly performed this song at Whitney’s funeral, which was held on February 18, 2012, at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, New Jersey.
- This song came into my life through a very nice Swedish man that I met online, Henrik … he bought the CD to me and we danced to this song many times. I don’t know what happened to Henrik, but cancer happened to me … and I was struggling a bit with myself, no space not even for a nice man. I hope Henrik today has found his soulmate.
“As I lay me down,
Heaven hear me now.
I’m lost without a cause
After giving it my all.
Winter storms have come
And darkened my sun.
After all that I’ve been through
Who on earth can I turn to?”
- “You Raise Me Up” is a song originally composed by Irish-Norwegian duo Secret Garden. The music was written by Secret Garden’s Rolf Løvland and the lyrics by Irish author Brendan Graham.
- After the song was performed early in 2002 by the Secret Garden and their invited lead singer, Brian Kennedy, the song only became the minor UK hit.
- Although the original version did not chart internationally, the song has now been covered more than 125 times, with the most successful covers being by Josh Groban.
- Westlife performed this song with Secret Garden at the 2005 Nobel Peace Prize concert in Olso.
- In 2004, the song was played more than 500,000 times on American radio. In late 2005, there were over 80 versions available in the US alone, and it has been nominated for Gospel Music Awards four times, including “Song of the Year.”
- I’m big fan of Josh Groban, but this when it comes to this song I prefer Brian Kennedy’s version.
- Brian Kennedy (1966) is an Irish singer-songwriter and author from Belfast.
- When football legend George Best made his final journey through the streets of his home city, Belfast, was we standing side by side (protestants and Catholics) in the misty wet afternoon and clapping our hands as the cortege passed us. We were in thousands.
- Brain sang this song at George Best funeral at Stormont Castle, Belfast (3/11/2005) and it was that moment the song made a huge impact on me.
“When I am down, and, oh, my soul, so weary
When troubles come, and my heart burdened be
Then, I am still and wait here in the silence
Until you come and sit awhile with me”
- “All by Myself” is a song by American artist Eric Carmen released in 1975.
- The verse is based on the second movement (Adagio sostenuto) of Sergei Rachmaninoff’s Piano Concerto No. 2 in C minor, Opus 18.
- “All By Myself” was Carmen’s first of eight US Top 40 hits. In the UK, however, this was his only Top 40 success, peaking at number 12.
- In a 2006 poll for UK’s Five programme Britain’s Favourite Break-up Songs, Eric Carmen’s version of this song was voted seventeenth.
- The first time I heard this song was in October 1976 and I was standing out on the deck aboard M/S Atlantic Saga and we were coming up the Hudson River from Liverpool to dock in New Jersey. It was early in the morning … and the little radio I had in my cabin was pumping out this song through the open porthole. To see all the skyscrapers against the soft lilac morning sky was breathtaking. It was like it was only the world and me.
- My first date with Manhattan. There was going to be quite a few more through the years.
I never needed anyone
And makin’ love was just for fun
Those days are gone
I think of all the friends I’ve known
But when I dial the telephone
They say there are four types of tears
- Emotional tears – which happens when you are overwhelmed by emotions
- Reflex tears – which flows to clean out debris when your eyes are irritated by onions or pollen.
- Basal tears – which lubricate your eyes and keep them clean.
- Crocodile tears – Well, this is an unofficial 4th form, but people with superb acting skills can create these.
What about tears of joy????
Did you know??? When you cry because of overwhelming joy, the first tear will come out from the right eye. And when it is due to sadness, the first tear will come out from the left eye!