… for me is the happiest of all music is ABBA. I belong to the ABBA generation … at the end of the ’70s was I working on a very little cruise liner (M/S Lindblad Explorer) that took me to amazing places I never heard of … but nearly everywhere I went ashore was ABBA’s music pumping out … or “Saturday Night Fever” soundtrack.
We were the first cruise liner ever to Shanghai, it was just that we spent 2 weeks every month without passengers there …. and we (the crew) became a bit bored. Then our 2;nd engineer, Anders, found out that in the lobby of the Pujiang Hotel they had a radio tape recorder.
So coming back from Hong Kong the next month we were loaded with ABBA tapes … and there in the lobby, we opened the first disco in Shanghai, this was in April 1979. People came in with their bicycles to look at us dancing. That is what I call a party.
Have been a bit under the duvet for a couple of weeks, so far I don’t know much about what is going on with my bladder – but yesterday … I got a phone call to go on strong antibiotic treatment. That meant that I’m not allowed to be in the sun, and we have full blasting summer going on plus that I felt a bit nausea from the medicine. So back to under duvet mood.
I felt I had to do something to get my mojo back. Enough is enough and there isn’t anything I can do against my problem … and it’s a week until I meet my doctor. But until the 26th of June, I have to eat … and I felt for trying out a new recipe. This I found on Tasty. I love dishes that go in one pot. But really I had to use two pans, one for boiling the pasta.
It was ages since I listen to one of my many CDs … and there beside the mini stereo in the kitchen was ABBA Gold. So I put it on and my mojo was back in seconds. Surprised myself that I knew the full lyrics to every track. And there is no track that makes my feet want to move and dance like ABBA’s “Dancing Queen”.
It was weeks since I felt so good … cooking away, dancing, singing to ABBA! It felt so good.
Here is the result.
One-Pan Garlic Chicken Pesto Pasta, serves 4
15ml (1 tbsp) canola oil
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into 1/2 inch (2cm) strips
30 ml (2 tbsp) garlic, chopped
½ tablespoon salt
½ tablespoon black pepper, freshly ground
175 ml (¾ cup) creme fraiche (full fat)
55 gr (½ cup) grated parmesan cheese
55 gr (¼ cup) pesto
600 gr (3 cups) penne pasta, cooked and drained
150 gr (¾ cup) cherry tomato, halved
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
- fresh basil, chopped, to garnish (used frozen)
- Boil the pasta to instructions (about 11 min) and at the same time do the chicken.
- Heat the oil in a pan over high heat. Combine the chicken, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until chicken is browned.
- Mix the heavy cream, parmesan, and pesto, stirring until evenly combined in a bowl and then add to the chicken.
- Next, bring to a boil and cook until the sauce has reduced about five to seven minutes.
- Toss in the pasta and cherry tomatoes, stirring until evenly coated. Remove from heat.
- To serve, sprinkle parmesan cheese and basil on top!
The dish takes about 15 min to make in total …. I suppose it goes into the quick fix section.
“I think ABBA have a pure joy to their music
and that’s what makes them extraordinary.