“I think it p—– God off if you walk by
the color purple in a field somewhere
and don’t notice it.”
PURPLE AFFECTS US PHYSICALLY
– Calms the mind and nerves
– Offers a sense of spirituality
– Encourages creativity
POPULAR PHRASES THAT INCLUDE PURPLE
– Purple prose: an elaborately written poem or paragraph in literature
– Purple heart: a medal awarded to a U.S. soldier wounded in battle
– Born to the purple: a person who is born into a noble or royal family
– Lay it out in lavender: very cool, relaxed, and in control
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT PURPLE
– The color purple originally came from a dye made
from mucus glands of a tropical sea snail.
– Carrots were once purple, red, white or yellow.
Orange carrots were bred by the Dutch
in the 16th century to honor the royal House of Orange.
– Because purple dye was so difficult to obtain and expensive to produce,
purple became the royal color in
many parts of the world and is traditionally associated
with royalty, power, and wealth.
– Apparently purple is the color with most shades.