A couple of weeks ago I watch one of the morning wake up programs on TV and there they where preparing this dish. And I went to straight to the PC and printed of the recipe.
Of course I have put my Wivi touch to it … Just added some ground caraway seeds this time.
Lamb is my favorite meat, so with me having a pack of lamb mince in the freezer – I just had to try it out.
My friend, Anna-Liisa, loves lamb too and she arrived a couple of days ago for our take off to Berlin on Wednesday, so a good time to try the recipe. We had it for dinner yesterday and what a great dish.
The on con was that I couldn’t refreeze the burgers I didn’t eat … so I had to pan fry them all and then freeze. Also I can be bothered with doing Tzasiki for us two only, so I buy it ready made. To the mince I added ground caraway seeds. Something I always use to lamb. Neither whole seeds or grounded.
Greek Lamb burgers with Lemon Oven Roasted Potatoes, serves 4
600gr minced lamb
150gr Feta cheese, coarse crumbled
2 garlic cloves, crushed or grated
0.5tbsp ground caraway seeds
1 bunch of oregano or 0,5 tbsp dried oregano
150gr Kalamta Olives, chopped
olive oil and butter for frying
900gr floured potatoes
3 garlic cloves
1 tbsp oregano
1 lemon, juice and grated zest
1dl olive oil
Potatoes: Oven on 200C
- Peel and dice the potatoes in 1″ cubs. I cut mine in wedges.
- Crush garlic cloves the in a big mixing bowl, add the lemon juice and zest – oregano, oil and seasoning. Add the diced potatoes and turn well so they will be coated.
- Transfer in a roasting dish and into the oven for about 30 min until the potatoes has got a nice color.
- Chop the olives coarsely and mix with the mince, garlic, crumbled feta cheese, oregano and seasoning.
- You can neither make small burgers or big … fry golden in olive oil. I did mine small.
One of the better lamb dishes I have tried out for a long time, so quick to do and the potatoes is addictive.
“If I have one addiction in life, it’s probably food.”