Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables. I eat it even raw and it is one of the healthiest vegetables. Plus I think it’s a sexy vegetable, but I’m sure it’s only me that think so. Maybe it’s because of the memories I have – not to be told here and now. Here are some Broccoli facts;
• Broccoli can provide you with some special cholesterol-lowering benefits if you will cook it by steaming.
• Broccoli has a strong, positive impact on our body’s detoxification system, and researchers have recently identified one of the key reasons for this detox benefit.
• Broccoli may help us solve our vitamin D deficiency epidemic. When large supplemental doses of vitamin.
• Broccoli is a particularly rich source of a flavonoid called kaempferol. Recent research has shown the ability of kaempferol to lessen the impact of allergy-related substances on our body.
I got the idea to this little side dish from an ad-leaflet and I played around with the thought to marinade broccoli and it come out really good. My friends love it – you can eat with any meat, chicken and fish or as a base to a salad.
Garlic and Herb marinated Broccoli, serves 4 as a side dish
200 gr broccoli, washed
1 lemon, juice
2 tbsp olive oil
1 big garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp of sugar
Finely chopped herbs – fresh, dried or frozen (I used Findus of course)
1. Slice the broccoli as fine as possible.
2. Mix all the other ingredients together
3. Coat the sliced broccoli with the marinade well, but not allowed to be soaked.
4. Let rest for about 30 min in the fridge.
5. Divide the broccoli in to portion ramekins.
If you like broccoli am I very sure that you will like this dish – I eat about 4 times per week . Here I had it with honey glazed pork lion – recipe will come separate.
To find a cloud that suits broccoli????? I’m not even going to try, but because I think it’s a sexy vegetable will I chose a sexy song, at least in my ears. “I Put A Spell On You”. This track and broccoli has a very strong connection for me.
“Never eat broccoli
when there are cameras around.”
Nutrient chart provided by and thanks to; vitalitydirector.com